Real world data Desktop-HIL simulation – time saving, money saving, game changing
Normally you would expect to capture only the selected recorded data. Influx Technology Replay® provides a solution to recording real world data, replaying the real world data and extracting data from all functions. Even those functions not selected for recording!
- ■ Record
- ■ Replay
- ■ Recreate
- ■ Review
Some typical applications
- ■ Actuator calibration – Calibrate actuators using real data on a bench.
- ■ Customer issue resolution – Using Replay you can capture every event.
- ■ Node simulation – Replay can be used for node simulation.
- ■ Durability testing – Using Replay will provide data to multiple calibration teams.
A typical vehicle control module has inputs, calculations and outputs.
- ■ Input Data – Modern electronic modules will understand the world from sensors and the vehicle network messages.
- ■ Calculated Data – The electronic module will use sensor information to calculate everything required by the control strategies.
- ■ Output Data – The electronic module will achieve control by driving the actuators.
To record every calculation made by a modern electronic module with more than 100000 data items it will require up to 1GByte per minute*. This is a lot of data and cannot be realised on a CAN bus.
*assuming an average sampling rate of 10mSec.
Typically, a data logger is set up to collect information with specific data items that are relevant to the strategy under investigation or validation. This data is often from the ‘calculated data’ region of the electronic control module.
As the ‘calculated data’ region is extremely large only a very small subset of the calculated region can be recorded by a data logger.
What happens if an event occurs which requires data that was not targeted in the small subset of data that has been logged? For example you may want to investigate a suspected sticking EGR valve position yet this was not included in the data logger configuration for ‘driveability’.
Influx Replay resolves this problem.
Influx Replay relies on recording only the electronic module sensor inputs and network traffic, then replaying this input data to stimulate a bench test electronic module to recreate the calculated data.
- ■ Record – Using Rebel data loggers record the CAN network traffic and sensor inputs to the ECU. (Sensor inputs can be recorded by xCP or CCP)
- ■ Replay – Use the Influx Replay software tool to generate a Replay data file for use with the desktop mini-HIL. We recommend the Influx K-Volt to be used to simulate the sensor inputs to the bench ECU.
- ■ Recreate – The on-test bench ECU will be driven through its functions by the simulated sensors and CAN network inputs. The functions in the on-test ECU will recalculated in real time.
- ■ Review – During a Replay session data can be captured and analysed.
Store all of the data, all of the time
Replay provides all engineers with a library of reusable data.100% coverage of the ECU functions. Analyse everything.
Multiple engineers review same dataSeveral engineers are able to use the same data files to analyse and validate different strategies using Influx Replay.
This means less testing and quicker development.
Reduce size of engineering fleetReplay will provide data from a single vehicle test to multiple engineers working across different functional areas. Replay reduces the need for multiple vehicle tests.
Investigate unforeseen eventsLengthy time consuming investigations into unforeseen events can be reduced. Data is recreated on the Replay bench and unforeseen events seen in the field can be investigated.